Monday, February 14, 2011

Stalled (Round 2, Phase2, Day 18)

OMFG this is dragging, especially now that I'm stalled. Why I am I stalled? The possible reasons are legion. The top two contenders are 1) a pretty major cheat on Saturday (babysitting swap at a neighbor's house and ate probably 300-400 calories of their corn chips, wheat thins, dried apricots and peanuts). They tell you on this diet that a cheat will show up for several days in a row. 2) My period; when I got my period in Round 1, I stalled for a few days too.

I've been saying I would probably stop at 23 days, but now that I'll hit that this week, I don't want to, especially on the heels of a stall. Interesting conversation with R this morning. He's been against the diet since Day 1, but now that I am so close to just finishing, he says it is his opinion that I should just knock it out and finish the 40 days.


152/11/2011188.4-1.0
162/12/2011188.60.2
172/13/2011188.80.2
182/14/20111890.2


Meanwhile, I have been on this diet for Thanksgiving, Christmas, both my kids' birthdays,both my parents' birthdays, my birthday, and now Valentine's Day. Dieting this time of year is not for pussies.

I'm learning less about my habits and my behaviors this time around. It just feels like a slog, like something I have to endure. Maybe that's just where I am right now.

I need a loss tomorrow, and I need a decent loss. I'd really like to get under 187, which seems unlikely, but that's what I'm wishing for. My motivation needs a boost.

Leave  me some motivating comments!

1 comment:

  1. i agree with R, you should knock it out. it;s not much more time in the grand scheme of things and you will feel better about finishing it even if you don't meet your goal. i know you, you will totally beat yourself up and be all "what if i had just stuck to it? then i would look like heidi klum now..." besides, you will still lose a significant amount of weight regardless of the specific number. and every pound will make your training that much easier. and also easier when we go rock climbing. so keep up the good work. and you can do it!

    ReplyDelete