Saturday, November 27, 2010

25 Pounds! (P2, D27)

Who would have thought I'd hit such a nice milestone the day after Thanksgiving! Still, things have really slowed down for me--only two pounds down this week so far.


Week 4:

Day 2211/22/2010206.6-1.0-23
Day 2311/23/20102070.4-22.6
Day 2411/24/2010206.6-0.4-23
Day 2511/25/2010205-1.6-24.6
Day 2611/26/2010204.6-0.4-25
Day 2711/27/2010204.60.0-25


I had planned to eat turkey on Thanksgiving; Shannon reminded me it was not protocol and could set me back three days, so I said, fine, I won't eat turkey even though that makes no sense to me at all that you can have chicken and not turkey.

R was supposed to bring my chicken breast and cucumber to my dad's house, where we were having Thanksgiving dinner. But he forgot it, and so after my grudging decision NOT to eat turkey, I ate turkey anyway because there was nothing else there for me to eat. I had about 100g of turkey, the same portion I would have had of chicken.

I had a normal dinner (100g ground beef and 2c spinach for dinner) and the next morning woke up to a small loss (-0.4). But today I was the same. Not sure if the slow weight loss this week is because I've had my period all week or because of the turkey (still makes no sense to me that you can have chicken and not turkey).

Thanksgiving was honestly not THAT hard. The food all looked really delicious, and I wished I was eating it, but the really bad cravings (especially for green bean casserole, corn bread stuffing with pecans, and our family's world famous chocolate chip cookies) were fleeting. Mostly I am just getting bored of the 10 or 15 foods I am allowed to eat now, but it hasn't been agonizing to watch other people eating delicious food.

I am feeling really eager to go onto maintenance, but also nervous. I sort of wish I was done with Phase 2, but I also still feel like I have some learning to do about when and why I eat. I'm going to try and make the most of the next two weeks. I sort of feel like the extreme structure and limitations are what makes me successful. When I have more options, things will be harder.

I'm 204.6 now, and I have 14 days of weight loss left. My easy goal is to lose 10 more pounds in the next 14 days, but dream goal is to lose 15 pounds in the next 14 days, which would put me under 190.

I haven't decided yet, but I might choose to lose the last 20 pounds "the old fashioned way" instead of doing another HCG round after maintenance. But maybe it would be just as easy to make my second round a mini round--maybe only for 20 or 25 days--to lose the last 15-25 lbs or however much I have left.

4 comments:

  1. I too am experiencing a bit of a slow down. The turkey that I ate maybe had something injected into it because it was SO moist. It tasted salty and fatty, but very good. I had white breast meat and no gravy, but it was a vastly different experience from the dry lean chicken breast I usually have. I almost could taste the fat, the sugar, the carbs in the turkey. I'm not sorry though.

    I think that this time is a time for lessons learned as well as food eaten. We have to learn about ourselves and prepare for maintenance. We need to learn not to beat ourselves up and to have healthy feelings about food. Structure is important, but everything else is too.

    I'm all hyperfocused on breaking 200 and preparing psychologically for maintenance. I'm pretty happy with the food because it is FOOD and I get to EAT it. I haven't had red meat for a couple of days and am SO looking forward to it today. I wish I could go on P2 for a longer time, but am sure there is much wisdom in limiting it like this.

    Keep up the great work, Kat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey doll
    sounds like you are doing awesome. also, just wanted to let you know that i have decided to try 500 cal/day for a week or two. on the one hand, i kind of just want to see what it's like and on the other, i am inspired by you to lose some weight fast. so we'll see. i won't be blogging about it, but i will let you know how it goes. since i don't eat meat, i am planning on eating a lot of eggs and tofu. and john is insisting on broccoli. go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Game on!!! Let's see how it goes for Kristy without the voodoo drops... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, K, I am very interested to hear how it goes for you. I was super, super hungry for about a week. How much do you want to lose anyway? Try and stay away from the carbs and starchy veggies as much as you can. Definitely let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete