Thursday, November 11, 2010

Neurotic, Navel-Gazing Voodoo (P2, D11)

Very small loss this morning, but you know what? I don't even care. I feel really good, and I have lost 16 pounds in 10 days.

I know my friend and coach Shannon (hi, Shannon!) is about to bring down the hammer on me because I'm still using mint toothpaste, which is supposedly incompatible with the HCG drops. But I'm not doing it within hours of the drops, and I got hippie dippie mint toothpaste (Burt's Bees) so it doesn't have any weird stuff in it. Seriously, you want me to be in ketosis with terrible breath and no mint toothpaste? That is just TOO FAR, man, TOO FAR.

Also, I ate eggs yesterday for my lunch (1 full egg + 3 egg whites which is about the same calories as 100g of chicken), and I was wondering how that would work out.

This is like neurotic, navel-gazing voodoo, man. Was it the use of mint toothpaste that prevented a bigger drop? Was it the eggs for lunch? Was it the fact that I picked up my kid's tater tot that fell on the floor and the oil got on my finger? Is my exercise program not routine enough? Or is it that when you're losing weight really fast, there are going to be some big days and some little days?

Oh, another weird thing... I lost more body fat this morning on my body fat scale even though I didn't really lose any weight. I seem to be losing body fat and maintaining muscle whether or not I have a big weight loss. Interesting.

So yeah, I'm doing really well. I feel super sane. My husband R said in the first week that I was slightly less patient than usual with the kids (and I am really not that patient to begin with!), but he hasn't noticed any other mood differences. I feel less anxious and depressed than ever (I am on meds, but feel an improvement even from my baseline with meds). I feel hungry at mealtimes but not all day. I feel able to do moderate exercise, like a brisk walk or a yoga class (still feel slightly intimidated at the thought of a Body Pump class). Still really want a fucking cheeseburger, but not desperately.


DayDateWeightDaily ChangeTotal Loss
Day 111/1/2010229.6n/an/a
Day 211/2/2010225.6-4-4
Day 311/3/2010221.6-4-8
Day 411/4/2010218.6-3-11
Day 511/5/2010218.60-11
Day 611/6/2010216.4-2.2-13.2
Day 711/7/2010215.8-0.6-13.8
Day 811/8/2010214.8-1-14.8
Day 911/9/2010215.40.6-14.2
Day 1011/10/2010213.8-1.6-15.8
Day 1111/11/2010213.6-0.2-16

I liked those eggs so much yesterday, I'm going to have them again today for lunch and see what happens. I'm not eating more than 500 calories and not deviating from the protocol. I may find out eggs don't work for me, but I want to give them another chance. I don't eat all the proteins that are available, so my diet is just feeling really limited. I have been basically eating chicken and beef every day for 10 days. R made tilapia last night, which was delicious!

2 comments:

  1. Or since you're navel-gazing, is it your scale? Whatever you are doing, it's working!! That's the important thing. And small variations do show up in that scale.

    I also have noticed what I first thought was a lack of patience but now I see as a true assertiveness that is very nice. I am not tolerating people who I actually should not be tolerating and behavior that is inappropriate that is directed towards me. This is something I've wanted to do for a long time and now I'm doing it!

    Also, what a great sign that you are losing FAT, not muscle. A big sign that perhaps--perhaps--the drops do work!

    Have a great day, and keep feeling fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. I also use a strong minty toothpaste, but not anywhere near my drops. I have accidently gotten oils on my fingers a few times. Once I took a supplement that was oil based. But hey, there is fat in my burger, too. I wouldn't worry about it unless things slow down for quite a while, and then you could always skip it and see if it makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete