Saturday, November 13, 2010

Still feeling kind of blerghy today despite a very nice loss of 2 pounds, bringing me down to Olivia's exact prediction in the comments yesterday!


DayDateWeightDaily ChangeTotal Loss
Day 111/1/2010229.6n/an/a
Day 211/2/2010225.6-4.0-4
Day 311/3/2010221.6-4.0-8
Day 411/4/2010218.6-3.0-11
Day 511/5/2010218.60.0-11
Day 611/6/2010216.4-2.2-13.2
Day 711/7/2010215.8-0.6-13.8
Day 811/8/2010214.8-1.0-14.8
Day 911/9/2010215.40.6-14.2
Day 1011/10/2010213.8-1.6-15.8
Day 1111/11/2010213.6-0.2-16
Day 1211/12/20102151.414.6
Day 1311/13/2010213-2.0-16.6


I was super grumpy and impatient with the kids today. Could me me, but to be fair to me, they were extra annoying today. :)

I have actually been feeling really GOOD this week, as I have posted about. One of my friends who knows I'm doing this diet and has been really against it, marveled (with a fair amount of surprise) on a walk yesterday morning that I seem strong and energetic and cheerful. She is someone who gains and loses 10 pounds fairly easily by doing normal things like watching her portion size and getting more exercise. She loves me, but just thinks this diet is a really fucking stupid idea. But she's sort of coming around and is more and more supportive when she sees that I'm okay. I also think it helps that I don't look like I'm wasting away.

In fact, I don't think I look like I've lost much at all. I think I carry my weight well in general. Because of my body shape (pretty hourglassy) and my height, I think that to most people I just look like a very large woman rather than a frighteningly obese person (although I am frighteningly obese according to BMI standards. Or, at least, I was when I started). And maybe I've lost the 17 pounds in such a distributed way that people can't tell. The only two people who have said I look smaller are people in my family who know I'm doing the diet. Now, maybe others have noticed and just don't think its polite to mention it, but my experience is that people usually don't hesitate to ask if you've lost some weight. When Shannon was doing this diet, she was totally transformed by her first 20 pounds. But she's like 5'2" or something, so I'm sure it shows up more on her body than it would on mine.

I think I might be about to hit a critical point where I start to look really different. I thought 10 pounds was supposed to be a size, but I wouldn't say I've lost a full size yet.  My clothes are a little looser; my tight jeans are no longer tight, that's all.

Anyway, everything is going well, I'm just having a down day. I'm wondering how I'm going to survive Thanksgiving on this diet and Christmas on early maintenance. I chose this timing; I knew what I'd be giving up. But I guess I'm in a bit of a rut, and 27 more days of eating like this is starting to feel interminable. I guess it's actually about 70 more days if you count maintenance, since you eat very similarly on maintenance, just more. Actually 112 more days if I do a second round . . .

Gah. Gotta stop thinking like that. Time to start thinking like a recovering alcoholic. I just have to do this today. One day at a time. And so on.

Don't worry, I'm not going to quit. I just feel blerghy today. But I also feel like I might have another decent loss tomorrow. I am starting to notice that I live in my body in a whole new way. I can actually FEEL gains and losses of just a couple of pounds, which is pretty cool. And I feel like I'm going to have a good weigh in tomorrow. But then, I should just ask Olivia what I'm going to weigh tomorrow! :)

1 comment:

  1. This is too hilarious, Kat. I am thrilled for you. I am just getting to know your scale :) I'm glad that the trending weight loss is showing up!

    I think that how weight loss looks on various people is different. No one but my husband has noticed me, but I notice me! I agree with you that people will comment on weight loss readily, even people who don't know you well.

    BTW, I think that you may not lose as much today because of the big drop yesterday. Or even be up a slight amount because of that scale. So just keep on keeping on.

    I too FEEL those small losses. I too FEEL really good.

    I'm glad we're doing this together!

    ReplyDelete