Wednesday, November 24, 2010

On Being a Woman (P2, D24)

That's a poetic title for a post, but really I just mean I got my period, and I'm stalled. Looking on the bright side, at least it means I'm not pregnant!


Day 2211/22/2010206.6-1.0-23
Day 2311/23/20102070.4-22.6
Day 2411/24/2010206.6-0.4-23


I guess I will catch up at the end of the week?

Thanksgiving is at my Dad's house. It will be stressful and not fun and not delicious, but it's only one Thanksgiving in a lifetime of Thanksgivings. Actually, both times before when I've lost a significant amount of weight, I've done it during the holidays. I think it signifies extra commitment to me or something.

I am having a really hard time giving away the clothes I'm shrinking out of. I don't mind giving away the biggest ones, the ones I wear at 235. But I can't get my mind around giving away the ones I wear at 215 because I'm just not yet convinced I'll never need them again. I know it's an important psychological step and I need to do it.

1 comment:

  1. Kat, what are you going to do for Thanksgiving? I am thinking of eating one piece of white breast meat and whatever low glycemic vegetables have no fat on them. And no wine, just sparkling water.

    I started a "fat bin" and am saving all of my high-investment clothes, like jeans. I'm donating every piece of "fat woman" clothes I have--the clothes I hate that I bought and wore just because they fit but that are designed only for fat women. Also old and comfortable stained and ripped clothes for lounging. I am putting an expiration on the fat bin of one year, but I might keep it for two just in case.

    For me it is not lack of confidence in myself to maintain but knowing that as much as I gained weight in a way that was out of my control, it could happen again--out of my control. When I was on anti-depressants I gained 40 pounds in four months although I wasn't doing anything differently. My control over my weight is substantial but not total. Other things do come into play. Now my job is to fight like hell to not let it ever happen again.

    ReplyDelete