Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Phase 2, Day 2 & 3 (P2D2/3)

Umm, okay this is really working. As of the morning on Day 3, I'm down 7 pounds total.


DateWeightChange Since Last Weigh InTotal Weight Loss
10/30/2010228.2n/an/a
10/31/2010228.60.40.4
11/1/2010229.611.4
11/2/2010225.6-4-2.6
11/3/2010221.6-4-7


I'm definitely still really hungry today (day 3), but I'm not in agony. I don't think I can go the whole 42 days feeling this hungry, but I can go a few more days, especially know it's supposed to get better AND because I'm seeing such amazing payoff.

Last night was kind of miserable. I had a long day and went to bed very headachy and hungry, grateful that at least I could just crash and sleep through the worst part of it. But my two-year old woke up at midnight screaming with leg pain (I think just normal growing pains; his sister had them too) and had the whole family awake for an hour. It was kind of terrible. And we're waiting for our furnace to be fixed, so it was a cold, miserable night.

I'm struggling with the need to wait a half hour to eat or drink before and after taking all the drops. I couldn't manage the timing yesterday and ended up taking my drops after dinner, which I think is not ideal. Here's what I don't get: I'm told you need to wait a half hour before and after taking the drops so you don't dilute them. But what they ARE is super-diluted HCG. So why does it matter if they are further diluted? Anyone know? But I am basically doing the drops "right:" 15 drops at a time, 3x a day, hold them under the tongue for 1-2 minutes each, nothing to eat or drink within 30 minutes on either side.

Honestly, I'm not convinced the drops are doing much. Anyone would lose weight on 500 calories a day, whether or not they are taking HCG. The HCG is supposed to keep you from being hungry, but I am definitely hungry. Maybe it's because I didn't gain enough in the load days (I gained 1.4 over the two load days; I hear some people gain 3, 4 or even 5 pounds and they feel less hungry in the early days). Maybe it's because I'm not taking enough drops. Or maybe it's because when you dilute something so much it can't even be measured, it is only working on a psychosomatic basis. If I am skeptical, it wouldn't work as well for me.

From what I understand, your body adjusts to a lower calorie diet after a week or so, with or without HCG. So just a few more days to go. I am looking forward to the days I've heard about, when you can barely force down your vegetable or fruit because you are just so stuffed, even on 500 calories. I'll let you know when it happens!

But you know what? I'm okay for now. It would take me a month or more lose 7 pounds on Weight Watchers. And I've lost it in two days. So I'm feeling strong and motivated. And not too grumpy or weak; just kind of resigned to feeling less that fantastic for a few days in order to achieve the goal.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Olivia. Good luck on round 2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just curious--did you gain a lot in the load days last round? I hear that weight gained during load days really impacts hunger, and am curious about your take on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete